Frank H. Jones
Mr. Jones was born 3/15/1919 in Shamokin, PA.
After Graduating from High School, Mr. Jones moved to Millville, NJ to live with his Sister and Brother In-Law. Due to the impending depression, Frank entered into a Mortuary Internship with Roland B. Potter Funeral Home of Vineland, NJ. Simultaneously, he attended Eckels Mortuary Science School of Philadelphia. After successful completion of his Internship, Mr. Jones became a Licensed Funeral Director and a Licensed Embalmer.
In 1940 he met the Love of his life, Velda Marie Richards. They were married that same year in Maryland.
During WWII, Mr. Jones served in the US Navy as a Medic out of San Diego, CA.
In 1947 he ventured out on his own and purchased the Izard Estate in Glassboro, NJ and established the Frank H. Jones Funeral Home. After serving the Community for over 48 years in business, Frank and Velda retired to Mullica Hill, NJ.
Frank was affiliated with and served the following for many years:
• Glassboro United Methodist Church
• He was the First President of the Glassboro Lions Club ( Charter Member )
• He was the oldest living member of the Glassboro Fire Dept. Frank established and operated the Fire Alarm system for many years out of his home as the Police and Fire Departments only operated on a part-time basis.
• Member of the Glassboro Free and Accepted Masons. Received his 34 th. Degree from the Pitman Masonic Club.
• He was a member of the Consistory in Collingswood, NJ.
• Member of the Crescent Temple Shriners organization out of Trenton, NJ.
• Member of the Delsea Beagle Club. Raised and trained State Champion “Country Squire”.
• Member of the Red Top Gun Club.
• He was a member of the West Jersey Funeral Directors Association.
Frank was pre-deceased by his Wife Velda, who passed away in 1997.
Mr. Jones is survived by: Two Sons and One Daughter; Kent Jones of Millville, Lora Price of Malaga and Russell Jones of Cordova, TN. Seven Grand Children; Tiffany Solog, Reverend Scott Jones, Kevan Sickels, Kraig Sickels, Katie Reed, Jenna Harris and Peri Jones. Frank was blessed with Seven Great Grand Children.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to the Glassboro Methodist Church and / or the Pitman Manor / Methodist Homes of New Jersey.
EVERYBODY LIKED FRANK !